Monday, December 6, 2010

Why 3-D movies have ruined my life.


Admittedly I have only seen one 3-D movie, Clash of the Titans, and I was mildly impressed and slightly annoyed with having to wear the glasses for two hours.  The 3-D movie phenomenon has now exploded and there are rumors that they are remaking Monster-In-Law in 3-D so we can all see J-Lo’s ass in its full glory.   Amazingly, none of this has contributed to the ruining of my life.
So you are very confused on why I hate 3-D movies, in fact it isn’t 3-D movies at all that have tormented me so.  Rather it is a secondary term that has been developed to describe non 3-D movies…wait for it…here it comes…Regular D.  That’s right, we are calling all normally produced and viewed movies, Regular D.
Now maybe it is my background in art that has me all tied up, but I believe the term for this is actually 2-D.  But no, this term is clearly not PC or savvy enough to describe a movie so we had to make up some nonsense word that causes sharp pains behind my eyes every time I hear it.  I bet to make it even more hip and cool the spell Regular D all funky so the kids like it.  Reg-You-Lar DEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment