Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I want to kiss Dave Thomas on the face.


Let me tell you why Wendy's is awesome.  It is the $0.99 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger.  Now let me tell you why Wendy's is the most magical place on earth. 

It happened just a few days ago on a very snowy Chicago winter day.  No, really I am not saying this just for dramatic effect, it was really coming down.  It has little to do with why Wendy's is spectacular, I just think it helps set the stage for the amount of awesomeness that was about to happen.  As I was pondering what would accompany my Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger I noticed that you could order a half salad which then came with several options of sides.  It seemed like a pretty reasonable idea.  Bottle of water, small soda, French fries, frosty, double cheeseburger...wait what?  Are you telling me I can order a small salad and get a side of double cheeseburger?  Dave Thomas, I know you can hear me.  Offering a double cheeseburger as a 'side' is genius.  You tease me from the grave, you burger billionaire. 

3 comments:

  1. No mention of college Wendy's trips, Russell doubling up with a 5 piece post burrito, or buying Dave a meal the day he died and leaving it for him...I must not understand blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy died the day Dave did, I'm afraid. Though the "jr bacon chee" and a small frosty remain a fat man's go-to snack, I've lost faith in the rest of the lineup. RIP Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you could "like" comments on here, I would "like" Robin's :)

    ReplyDelete