Monday, November 1, 2010

Rockstar Ninja Fried Chicken Salesman


Have you ever heard some describe themselves as the ‘ninja of…’?  Usually this moniker belongs to someone in sales or real-estate, but ironically enough never of martial arts.  I mean do you think Daniel-son ever said to a future employer or girlfriend…’I am the ninja of karate’?  So why would telling me you are the ‘ninja of industrial vacuum and power mop sales for the upper Ohio/lower Michigan area’ hold any value.  In fact I would venture to guess that actual ninjas will soon rally together for N.I.N.J.A., for you uniformed, that is the National Independent Ninja Jokes Action committee. 
I will assume that the association will go largely unnoticed except for an uptick in the disappearance of overzealous sales professionals defaming the good name of ninjas across the globe.  Honestly I don’t even think the term makes any sense.  Isn’t a ninja someone that runs around unnoticed killing at will?  Why would I want a real estate agent that I never see, but one day I wake to find out I am a home owner?  Just as equally I don’t want a ‘rock star’ salesmen for fear that they will get really loaded, try and have sex with me, then puke all over my shoes and all I get is a shitty swivel chair.  So my suggestion is this, leave the super stealthy secret shit to ninjas, and the wild and crazy crap to the rock stars.  For all my sales professional friends, try being the colonel sanders of sales, after all that dude sold the crap out of some chicken. 

1 comment:

  1. I like it, although I don't fall into this category. I am not the Colonel Sanders of payroll... Kim can rest easy.

    ReplyDelete