Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Please put on some clothes


I saw the naked guy from the gym at Staples.
So I am standing in line at Staples waiting to check out and this guys walks by me that looks oddly familiar.  As he walked away I still could not place how I knew him.  And then like a bag of bricks it hit me over the head, he is the creepy hairy dude that walks around the gym locker room naked.  This is the guy that always manages to cough when he bends down to pick up his towel.  He has perfected the ten minute air drying technique that includes lunges and squats.  He has the towel, but refuses to use it to dry off or sit on while he sits down to put his socks on.  Yes, he puts his socks on first.
The guys finally circles back around to the checkout lane.  There is that second where he sort of recognizes me and gives me the dude head nod.  A week later I am back at the gym and naked dude has put two and two together and realizes that he saw me buying paper the week before.  For some reason he thinks this is an excuse to start up a conversation, and become friends.
I am no longer a member of that gym, or any for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment