Monday, September 12, 2011

Getting old isn't so bad.

I am turning 30 years old soon and to be completely honest with you it really doesn’t bother me. Look, I have never been hip so no one expects me to know the cool places to hang out. I have always had a decent taste in clothes so you wont find my in a blue blazer and turtle neck anytime soon as you will never see me in some hipster skinny jeans. My party days were few and far between so no one can accuse me of ‘not going out anymore’. But there are a few things that I have noticed that are a little disturbing.
1. My first cocktail of the night is now a coffee
2. When I say ‘its what the kids are doing these days’ it is because some new trend scares me
3. I am the first person at every party
4. When my single friends tell me they went out with a girl I ask way too many personal questions. I then have to relay these details to my wife and then we go to our separate corners and shed a tear for our 20’s.
5. Farting is still funny, but it is also a relief to know my bowels are working as designed.
6. 8am is sleeping in…late
7. Hangovers last longer than one day
8. I can remember a time when I didn’t text, and I have no idea how anyone managed to meet up at a bar.
9. I watch gas prices and will drive out of my way to save $0.05 a gallon
10. I have some desire to read a news paper
11. Some products have been boycotted in my house due to political reasons.
12. I sit down to pee more often than I am comfortable to admit.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious list! I can't believe you're 30 already, young 'un. I remember when you were 23 or so...

    ReplyDelete