Monday, July 19, 2010

Your Mom Loves NYC

“I Love (heart) NY”. I don’t really understand the fascination with these shirts. My assumption is that 99% of the people I seeing wearing these shirts are not from New York, which means that these shirts are being worn by people who have simply visited the city. These people had such a great time they wanted to buy something to remember the trip/ brag about the fact they travel. What this purchase really tells me about you is you completely missed all of the class the NYC has to offer and instead probably went to FAO Schwartz, The Statue of liberty, and had a slice of pizza from Sabarro.


So what am I to think when I am walking the streets of Chicago and see some prick wearing an “I Love NY” shirt? I think this ass clown is basically walking around saying “your city sucks”. Well screw you buddy! If you think NYC is so cool why don’t you freaking move there? “Oh well it’s really not the right city for me, too busy and expensive”. So then you really don’t love it do you? So here are my two suggestions for these people.

1. Buy a shirt that says “I (heart) long weekend trips to NYC”.
2. Buy a shirt that says “I (heart) here” and move the f**K to New York!

Either way I don’t really care, just please stop pretending like you and New York have some special bond, that the city has a special place in your heart that will never be matched by another city. Or, lastly that the best way to declare you undying love for a city is to buy some tourist trap bull shit shirt that was made in India and then not live there.

1 comment: